Diverge Pro Carbon
Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, or drop the hammer at the front of your favorite gravel race, no bike does it better than the 2021 Specialized Diverge Pro Carbon eTap Road Bike. It’s quite simply the fastest, most capable - and just maybe the most fun - bike they’ve ever made, delivering a ride that’s quick and lively under power, but stable and confidence inspiring when the terrain gets rough. From Future Shock 2.0 and all-new gravel geometry, to internal storage and category leading tire clearance, the new Diverge represents everything Specialized has learned over more than 40 years of riding road, gravel and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It’s the ultimate getaway vehicle.
- With a FACT 9r carbon frame, the S-Works Diverge frame is incredible capable and race bike light. Pin it for your local dirt climb KOM, or grind up a giant back country peak, the light and lively Diverge will get you there faster.
- Speed, control and confidence - Future Shock 2.0 is the ultimate technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper, Future Shock 2.0 suspends the rider not the bike. This keeps you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel,all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh. Since Future Shock 2.0’s damper is adjustable, you’ll be ready for the rough stuff and efficient on smooth pavement.
- Specialized tossed gravel geometry ‘status-quo’ out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry ever created for a drop bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. They increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while spec’ing shorter stems keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. They kept the bike’s BB low to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels if that’s your jam.
- Specialized gave the Diverge plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out.
- Nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tire clearance, so the Diverge has a whopping 47mm of tire clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive side chain stay utilizing a solid beam of carbon behind the chain rings Specialized created clearance without using a fragile dropped chain stay design or increasing chain stay length.
- The more capable your bike, the bigger your rides get, so Diverge borrows SWAT internal storage from the legendary Stumpy. The SWAT door lets you utilize space in the down tube to store tools, a flat kit, nutrition and even the SWAT Jacket. It keeps weight off your body, low in the bike for better handling, and makes you more self-sufficient, so get out there. SWAT’s got your back.
|Frame||Specialized Diverge FACT 9r carbon, SWAT Door integration, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||Future Shock 2.0 w/ Damper, Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount|
|Shifters||SRAM Force eTap AXS Hydraulic|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X01 Eagle AXS|
|Cranks||SRAM Force AXS, 42t|
|Cassette||SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB BSA 68|
|Chain||SRAX X01 Eagle, 12-speed|
|Front Wheel||Roval Terra CL, 25mm inner width carbon rim, 32mm depth, DT for Roval 350 hub, 24h, DT Swiss Comp Race spokes|
|Rear Wheel||Roval Terra CL, 25mm inner width carbon rim, 32mm depth, DT for Roval 350 star ratchet hub, 24h, DT Swiss Comp Race spokes|
|Tires||Pathfinder Pro, 2Bliss Ready, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm|
|Stem||Future Stem, Pro|
|Handlebars||Easton EC70 AX Carbon, 16-degree flare|