Diverge Comp E5
Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, toe the start line at your first gravel race, or simply get the most versatile bike on the road or dirt, no bike is better than the 2021 Specialized Diverge Comp E5 Road Bike. It’s quite simply the fastest, most capable - and just maybe the most fun – alloy bike they’ve ever made, delivering a ride that’s quick and lively, but stable and confidence inspiring when the terrain gets rough. From Future Shock 1.5 and all-new gravel geometry, to category leading tire clearance, the new Diverge represents everything Specialized has learned over more than 40 years of riding road, gravel and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It’s the ultimate getaway vehicle.
- The Premium E5 Aluminum frame provides a stiff, light, and durable platform. When mated to a full carbon FACT fork, the Diverge Base E5 becomes a light, lively and versatile bike ready to attack any surface.
- Speed, control and confidence - Future Shock 1.5 is ideal technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance, Future Shock 1.5 is progressively tuned to keep you confident and in control,able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh.
- Specialized tossed gravel geometry ‘status-quo’ out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry ever created for a drop bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. They increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while spec’ing shorter stems keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. They kept the bike’s BB low to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels if that’s your jam.
- Specialized gave the Diverge plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out.
- Nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tire clearance, so the Diverge has a whopping 47mm of tire clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive side chain stay utilizing a solid beam of carbon behind the chain rings Specialized created clearance without using a fragile dropped chain stay design or increasing chain stay length.
|Frame||Specialized Diverge E5 Premium Aluminum, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||Future Shock 1.5 w/Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount|
|Shifters||Shimano GRX 810 hydraulic brake levers, mechanical shifting|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano GRX 810 hydraulic brake levers, mechanical shifting|
|Brakes||Shimano GRX RX600|
|Cranks||Shimano SLX, 11-speed, 11-42t 40t|
|Cassette||Shimano SLX, 11-speed, 11-42t|
|Bottom Bracket||Praxis 68-0201B, 68mm BSA|
|Chain||KMC X11 Extra Lightweight, 11-speed|
|Front Wheel||Axis Elite Disc rim, 21mm inner width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized sealed bearing thru axle hubs, 6 bolt disc, J-bend 14G stainless steel spokes, brass nipples|
|Rear Wheel||Axis Elite Disc rim, 21mm inner width, tubeless ready, 28h, Specialized sealed bearing thru axle hub, 6 bolt disc, steel freehub body, J-bend 14G stainless steel spokes, brass nipples|
|Tires||Pathfinder Sport, 700x38mm|
|Stem||Future Stem, Comp, w/Integrated computer mount|
|Handlebars||Future Shock 1.5 w/Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|Seat Post||Alloy, 2-bolt Clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware|
*Specifications are subject to change without notice